06 June 2009

Where Do You Want Oz To Take You?


As backpackers, we’re all experienced with organizing the madness of travelling. Arriving at our destination with little more than what we’re wearing is what we thrive on, made all the more memorable if we can’t even get the name right.

Ever try saying Doodenanning five times fast? It never hurts to have a helping hand, though, especially when it comes to finding work. It’s much easier if all you have to think about is: do I want to find work as I travel or travel to where I want to work? That’s where Work to Travel comes along.

Sandy founded the company after coming to a realization. Backpackers trekking around Australia are always looking for work but only a few recruitment companies cater to our needs online. Wouldn’t it be easier for backpackers to find work before stepping off the plane? Yes, please! And so Work to Travel was born.

Designed specifically for backpackers and the employers that hire backpackers, Work to Travel is a recruitment website that provides a helping hand to travelers seeking employment throughout Australia. But Work to Travel is much more than a website to Sandy.

Developed out of a desire to aid backpackers and communities seeking employees, Work to Travel represents Sandy’s passion for connecting people with opportunities and experiences across Australia.

To me, that connection with backpackers and employers is what counts. I’ve been to far too many agencies where I’ve been just a number, another face in a sea of faces waiting to be served. Agencies where the connection and passion is missing. That’s what drew me to Sandy’s vision when she told me of her concept.

The passion and enthusiasm for every aspect of her creation is in every conversation, every meeting she’s had with her target audience – us, the backpackers. And that’s what I look for when I’m travelling. Someone who’s excitement and commitment to my journey matches my own. That’s what helps inspire me to travel to, work in and explore new places… to decide where I want my adventures to take me.

So, my question to you is: where do you want Oz to take you?

Written by: Michael for Work to Travel, Monday, April 20 at 11:05 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment